Respecting your privacy
At Edwise Consulting, we respect an individual’s right to privacy. We want you to feel secure when you are interacting with our company and confident that we are committed to maintaining your privacy.
What kind of personal information do we collect and hold?
We collect and store personal information such as name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, and employment details.
We only collect this information when you provide it directly to us, or provide us with consent to collect it from someone else, such as an Edwise Consulting employee. This could be:
- by interacting with our website – for example, submitting a query, registering for an event, requesting information, or participating in a survey,
- by contacting us directly over the phone or via email,
- by submitting your curriculum vitae to us for consideration of employment,
- by participating in a meeting with us.
What kind of additional personal information might we request during pre-employment checks?
We may also, as part of our pre-employment checks, request your consent for you to directly provide us:
- a recognised form of photographic ID to establish your identity, and/or
- a certificate recording the results of a recent (Less than 3-month-old) police “background check” performed by a recognised state or federal agency or affiliated service, and/or
- certificates or other evidence of your formal certifications or education degrees, and/or
- certificates or other evidence of your membership in professional associations, to help us demonstrate Edwise Consulting employees’ interest and expertise in providing particular products and services, or for staff career development and planning.
Where will your data be stored?
Your information may be stored in data centres in Australia, the Americas, Europe and in Asia. If an overseas entity that holds your information breaches any Australian Privacy laws, we will not be accountable under the Privacy Act and you will not be able to seek redress from us under the Privacy Act.
By providing your data to us, you consent to the above.
Can you remain anonymous when interacting with Edwise Consulting?
For some types of interactions, you can choose to interact with us anonymously, pseudonymously or by providing some but not other personal information. This may limit our ability to provide products and services to you.
How do we use personal information?
We collect, retain and use your personal information solely for the purposes of:
- providing you with the products and services described on our website, or
- providing you with information you have requested from us, or
- notifying you of Edwise Consulting company events or publications.
- We only use your personal information for the purposes described above. We do not disclose personal information for any other purpose unless you provide consent for us to do so, or it is required by law.
Who has access to your personal information?
Personal information you supply us is available to employees of Edwise Consulting Pty Ltd for use in supplying you with services, information, or notifications of upcoming events or publications.
In some cases, we will use your personal information to send physical postal mail to you, to satisfy one of the purposes mentioned above. When we do that, we may supply your name and address details to a third-party mailing company to send out the communications on our behalf.
Except for the mail-outs mentioned above, we will never provide your personal information to a third party unless we are required to by law.
Use of analytics
Third party web sites
How can you inquire about, access and correct your personal information?
You are entitled to know what information we hold about you, to have access to that information and ask for it to be corrected if it is inaccurate. To request this information or make any changes please contact us via the contact form on this web site or by email to [email protected]
You can also request to stop receiving communication from us completely (“opt-out”) at any time by contacting us at the email address above. You can also ask us to delete all information we have obtained about you.
Edwise Consulting has applied all reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorised access to personal information, maintain data accuracy and ensure appropriate use of any personal information. More rigorous steps are applied to ensure a higher level of protection of sensitive and/or personal information, and to limit access to such information held by us.
However, in providing us with your personal data you also acknowledge that the Internet is an inherently insecure medium of communication, and we cannot absolutely prevent and are not responsible for, interception or “hacking” of information transmitted through this site by unauthorised third parties.
If you have a complaint
If you think we have breached Australian Privacy Law, you need to make a complaint to us in the first instance. Your complaint needs to include certain information, which you can get from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC). You also need to keep a record of your complaint.
You can send your complaint to us via the contact form on this web site or by email to [email protected]
We will respond to your complaint within 30 days of receiving it.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you can go to the OAIC to take further action. Details are available on their website.
Updates to this policy